Top 10 Children’s Books On Starting School
A new school year is right around the corner. Here are 10 great children’s books that can help get your kids ready for the first day of class:
- First Grade Jitters: Moving from kindergarten to the first grade is a big, exciting step, and it can be a bit frightening. Thankfully your little reader will see that he or she is not alone—Aidan, the book’s main character, has jitters, too.
- A Pirate’s Guide to the First Grade: This is the perfect book for any boy entering the first grade. Who doesn’t want to be a pirate?
- The Kissing Hand: Sometimes just knowing that you have a special family secret that you can take with you anywhere is enough to get you through the first day of school—at any age.
- Little School: Want to show your kids how much fun they’ll have at school? Check out this picture book.
- First Grade Stinks: This picture book is perfect for every realistic, cynical and hopeful new first grader. Turns out first grade doesn’t stink at all!
- The Bully Blockers Club: This book tells your kids how to creatively turn challenging situations into comfortable situations.
- Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes: Pete the Cat is cool. He’s got new shoes and everything, but he’s still a little nervous about school. Even cool kids can be nervous.
- Sam and Gram and the First Day of School: When a book is endorsed by the American Psychological Association, you know it will help your kids get ready for school.
- I Am Too Absolutely Small for School: Small kids need reassurance that they won’t be alone.
- Wow! School!: A picture book that delivers pure excitement about school.>/li>
Comments are closed