How to Pick a Right Summer Camp for Your Kid
Summer camp is something that every kid should experience. Most of them will love it and learn a lot from it. Summer camp is a great way to get them out of the house, get them moving, make friends and become more social, among other benefits.
The point is to let them have a positive experience. Hence, it’s crucial to find the right summer camp for your kid. Here are 5 tips to help you pick a perfect summer camp for your kid:
1. History is everything - A brand new camp might not be as good as an older camp but chances are, if you find a camp that has been popular in the family for years, it’s probably a given that it’s a quality summer camp run by educated staff.
2. Types of activities - Summer camps have all sorts of specialties such as sports camps, art and creativity camps and leadership and team work camps. You should decide beforehand on the type of activities you are specifically looking for in a summer camp. This would help your child get more knowledge of the activities that are of their interests.
3. Staff - The staff at the camp you choose should be well trained and educated, as well as good around kids. They should, if possible, also have a low camper to staff ratio. You should also make sure that the camp does background checks.
4. Over night vs. one day - There are overnight camps where your kids will sleep at the camp, usually in bunks, with children of their age. But you can find day camps as well if you want to give your child a chance to try it out.
5. Accreditation - Summer camp should also have a high accreditation and good reviews. All you have to do is check the internet for reviews. But you can also ask your friends and neighbors about certain camps, as well to see if they have any experience in the ones you are thinking about sending your child.
Comments are closed