7 Extracurricular Activities to Discover Your Kids’ Potential
Extracurricular activities are a great way for young kids to develop social skills, learn more about something that they love and stay active. From gymnastics to art classes to sports, you are sure to find something will interest your little one.
- Gymnastics. Gymnastics teaches young children how to jump, balance and navigate physical obstacles using problem solving skills. It also promotes flexibility.
- Dance. Dance builds coordination, kinesthetic intelligence and confidence. Many children are very willing dancers and are happy to be silly and experiment with different types of dancing with little or no prompting.
- Sports. Sports keep children active and healthy while teaching them how to compete in a positive manner. Team sports teach children how to work toward a common goal as a group while individual sports (i.e. track, golf) teach children the importance of setting goals and beating personal records.
- Swimming. Swim classes are another great extracurricular for developing personal growth. From a very early age, children can become comfortable in the water and more aware of their own safety.
- Martial arts. Martial arts, including karate and tae kwon do, allow kids to train their minds, strengthen their bodies and learn discipline. It is a great way for children to build their personal respect and strength.
- Educational classes. Not many kids are excited about academic courses after school, especially during their summer vacations. However, for those who are passionate about academic subjects, such as writing and math, from an early age, the right classes can be motivating and challenging.
- Music and creative arts. Classes related to arts and crafts, music, and cooking promote imagination and creative thinking as well as problem solving. Learning how to make a bracelet, play a musical instrument, or cook a simple dish builds confidence and independence.
This entry was posted in Kids Learning and tagged UncategorizedUncategorizedBlogrollNav MenuUncategorizedUncategorizedUncategorizedUncategorized
Comments are closed